As the first order of business, Concord’s team handled initial discovery for the opportunity at hand and outlined the system architecture. The primary challenge was integrating the new technology with legacy backend systems and building analytics from a limited data set – namely, card swipes at individual points in time. Our team worked with the client to develop a system that offered a rich and flexible set of features for fleets of any size:
- Assignment of cards to vehicles
- Exception monitoring & reporting
- Authorization prompts at POS
- Reporting on vehicles, drivers, miles per gallon, exceptions, and transaction detail
- Flexible billing & payment
The new fleet credit card provides rich information to the fleet manager and gives more control over the fleet as a whole. Throughout the decade post-implementation, primary fleet operators showed year-over-year efficiency gains in the 15 – 25% range in terms of fuel usage and transportation miles.